A-B~ C-D ~ E-F ~ G-K ~ L-M ~ N-Q ~ R-U ~ V-Z
- Aglovale: Knight and eldest son of King Pellinore.
- Ambrosius: High King of Britain. Son of High King Constantine. Middle brother of Constans and Uther. At the age of five, Ambrosius and his younger brother, Uther, were raised, in Brittany, by their cousin, King Budic I. When the Ambrosius reached his early twenties, with the help of his brother, Uther, he regained his rightful place on the throne of Britain. Merlin was Ambrosius’ prophet, advisor, and protégé.
- Arden: Merlin’s foster father. Married to Enid. In his prime, he was a great knight in the service of King Bors. In his twilight years, he left the king’s court in Gannes to work as an apple farmer in Caerfyrddin, Wales.
- Arrok: Uthur’s knight who fought at the Danebury hill fort battle.
- Ban: King of Banoic, Brittany. Brother to King Bors, and uncle to Lionel. Father to Lancelot and Hector de Maris. Married to Helen.
- Bedivere: Young knight fostered at Sir Ector’s villa in the Forest Sauvage, Cornwall. He is the future companion of Arthur.
- Bors the Elder: King of Gannes. He is also brother to King Ban of Banoic, Brittany. He fathered two sons, Bors the Younger and Lionel.
- Bors the Younger: Eldest son of King Bors the Elder of Gannes. Older brother to Lionel
- Brastias: Knight, Warden of Trisantona. Fought alongside Uther.
- Brydw: Illegitimate son of the High King, Vortigern. Member of the Young Royal Guard. Half brother to Faustus.
- Budic I: King of Brittany. Nephew to Britain’s High King, Constantine. Raised Constantine’s young sons, Ambrosius and Uther. He had two sons, Meliau (who succeeded him as Brittany’s king) and Riwal.
- Carados: King of Estrangorre. Fought alongside Uther and Ambrosius.
- Clariance: King of Northumberland. Fought alongside Uther.
- Clarisant: Daughter of a Londinium baker. Love interest of Elivri.
- Constans: High King of Britain. Eldest son of Constantine. Brother to Ambrosius Aurelius, and Uther. Murdered by his advisor, Vortigern.
- Constantine: High King of Britain. Fathered three sons: Constans, Ambrosius and Uther. Constans, his eldest son preceded him as Britain’s High King. Uncle to King Budic of Brittany.
- Dodinel: Son of King Belinant of Sugales. Also known as The Boar. Friend of Lot and Nentres. Member of the Young Royal Guard.
- Dornar: Prince and knight of Uther’s court. Second eldest son of King Pellinore. Fought in battle against Duke Gorlois.
- Ector: Knight and nobleman who rules within the Forest Sauvage, Cornwall. Cai’s father. Foster father to young Arthur.
- Edol: Earl of Gloucester. Lone survivor of the Night of the Long Knives, where over three hundred British Royals were slaughtered by the Saxon warlord, Hengist.
- Elivri: Ambrosius and Uther’s head groom and silversmith. Close friend to Lionel.
- Enid: Merlin’s foster mother. Arden’s wife. She discovered Merlin as a newborn in a charred oak tree near their orchard in Caerfyrddin, Wales.
- Faustus: Illegitimate son of the High King, Vortigern. Eldest member of the Young Royal Guard. Half brother to Brydw.
- Gorlois: Duke of Cornwall. Resides in Tintagel. Husband to Igraine. Father to Morgause and Morgan. Declared war upon Uther.
- Hengist: Saxon warlord. Led Saxon invasion of Britain. Collaborated with High King Vortigern, including betrothing his youngest daughter, Rowena, in wedlock to Britain’s aging High King. Initiated the infamous slaughter of British Royalty on the Night of the Long Knives.
- Igraine: Wife of Gorlois, the Duke of Cornwall. Mother to Morgause and Morgan. First cousin to the Lady of the Lake. Second cousin to Merlin. Resides in Tintagel. Love interest of Uther. Mother of Arthur.
- Lady of the Lake: Fairy High Priestess of Avalon. Merlin’s mother. First cousin to Igraine of Tintagel. Love interest to High King Ambrosius. May Queen at Ambrosius’ coronation.
- Leodegrance: King of Cameliard. Father to Guinevere. One of the Royal witnesses at Ambrosius’ coronation.
- Lionel: Prince and knight. Son of King Bors the Elder of Gannes. Merlin’s trusted friend and closet companion. Member of the Young Royal Guard.
- Lot: Prince of the Isles of Orkney. Leader of the Young Royal Guard. Ally to Uther, and adversary to Merlin. Served under three High Kings: Vortigern, Ambrosius, and Uther.
- Mark: King of Cornwall. Resides in Castle Dore, in Fowey.
- Meleagant: Son of King Bagdemagus of Gorre. One of the youngest members of the Young Royal Guard. Close friend of Lot. Slowly driven insane by results relating to The Plan!
- •Merlin: Mystical son of the Lady of the Lake. Arden and Enid were his foster parents. Advisor and boy prophet to three High Kings: Vortigern, Ambrosius, and Uther. Sworn protector of Britain. close friend to Lionel. Infatuated with Nimue. Possesses forward memories. Doomsday forecaster to Vortigern, boy prophet to Ambrosius, and battle advisor to Uther.
- Morgan: Youngest daughter of Gorlois, the Duke of Cornwall and his wife, Igraine.
- Morgause: Oldest daughter of Gorlois, the Duke of Cornwall and his wife, Igraine. Love interest of Sir Lot.
- Nentres: Prince of the kingdom of Garlot in Alba (Scotland). Also known as The Dove. Friend of Lot and Nentres. Member of the Young Royal Guard.
- Nimue: Young priestess of Avalon. Love interest of Merlin.
- Pellinore: King of the Listinoise Isles (on the shores of Holyhead, Wales). Pellinore was a father figure to Ambrosius and Uther. He is the biological father of nine children: Sir Aglovale, Sir Dornar, Sir Tor, Sir Lamorak, Sir Percival, Sir Driant, Sir Alan, Sir Melodiam, and daughter Elaine. He is a descendant of Joseph of Arimathea.
- Rowena: Youngest daughter of the Saxon leader Hengist. She was Vortigern’s second wife; forced into marriage as a military tactical maneuver by her father.
- Ulfius: Knight, who fought alongside Uther and Ambrosius.
- Uriens: King of Rheged. Fought alongside Uther and Ambrosius. Future husband to Arthur’s half-sister Morgan.
- Uther: High King of Britain. Son of High King Constantine. Youngest brother of Constans and Ambrosius. At the age of four, he and his brother, Ambrosius, were raised in Brittany by their cousin, King Budic I. In their early twenties they returned to Britain. Uther succeeded his brother, Ambrosius, as Britain’s High King. Merlin was his prophet of war and rival for his brother’s attentions. Uther was infatuated with Igraine, the wife of Duke Gorlois.
- Vortigern: High King of Britain. Instrumental in the death of Britain’s High King Constantine. Upon the king’s demise, Vortigern became advisor to the High King’s eldest son and heir, Constans. He conspired to have the young king murdered, and seized Britain’s crown as Britain's new High King. Vortigern trained many young knights, and created the Young Royal Guard. He had one legitimate son, Vortimer, and two known illegitimate sons: Faustus and Brydw. Just before his death, he married Rowena, the Saxon leader, Hengist, youngest daughter.
- Vortimer: Vortigern’s eldest and only legitimate son.
- Young Royal Guard: Established by High King Vortigern. Consisted of Lot (the group’s leader), Nentres, Dodinel, Faustus, Brydw, Meleagant, and later Lionel.